Neon logic

From: Tony Duell <ard_at_p850ug1.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sat Mar 1 16:49:00 2003

> On Fri, 28 Feb 2003, Tony Duell wrote:
>
> > There's a reasonable book on this subject called 'Cold Cathode Tube
> > Circuit Design'. It covers things like gas-filled voltage stabilisers,
> > trigger tubes (the cold cathode thyratrons you mention), dekatrons, etc.
>

> Unfortunately at less-than-reasonable prices! www.abebooks.com gives
> three copies; US$144, 175, and 407 (!!) for ex-library books.... I

Ouch!!!

It's not a very thick book (a couple of hundred pages) and I didn't
realise it was rare. I got my copy for a couple of pounds in a second
hand bookshop about 20 years ago.

It is quite an interesting book (I've dug mine out), it does show shift
register and counter circuits, for example. But not at that price!

-tony