ASR-32 Usable as Terminal?

From: Jeffrey Sharp <jss_at_subatomix.com>
Date: Sat Mar 1 22:36:01 2003

George R. Gonzalez wrote:
> I'm in a bit of an embarrasing situation-- after getting this nice Model
> 32 WU tty, tsting it out, finding out it works perfectly, I finally
> realize -- I don't have any space for it! ... So I've reluctantly put it
> up for auction on eBay.
>
> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3010656618

I just realized, *after* bidding, that this TTY on eBay is a 32, not a 33.
Oops. Since it uses baudot code instead of ASCII and has a rotary dialer on
its CCU, is it useless as a terminal for a PDP-11? What would be required to
make it useful for a terminal?

I'm thinking that I should cancel my bid. I want a TTY solely to have a
period terminal for my PDP-11/20. :-/

Yes, I have read the following in the "vital poop" thread:

--
Jeffrey Sharp