Sellam on Tech tv (again)

From: Vintage Computer Festival <vcf_at_siconic.com>
Date: Sat Mar 1 23:20:00 2003

I was meaning to respond to a message you wrote a couple weeks ago:

> the the sys 460 is a two rack system - 1 rack had the diablo disk drive,
> hard drive and i/o comms interface (i have all of those components and
> alot of spare cpu and terminal pcb's).
>
> the other rack had both the iv 70 and iv 90 cpu's in it.

This sounds an awful lot like what I have.

> the iv 70 had a card in it that passed the backplane signals to the iv
> 90 - i don't know why they used this "dual cpu" confg.

Check out this picture:

http://siconic.com/computers/fps/Four%20Phase%20Systems%20Mini-Computer.jpg

On the left is the CPU cabinet. The top is the IV/90 CPU (presumably).
The section below contains more boards. I haven't looked at it so long
that I forgot exactly what's in there.

On the right is the tape drive (top). I forget what is directly below it
(the aluminum thing). Below that is (I believe) the communication
interface.

I'll have to give a look at it this week to refresh my memory. I'm closer
to being able to access it again because of the move.

 * Old computing resources for business and academia at www.VintageTech.com *