Wang OIS web pages

From: Jim Battle <frustum_at_pacbell.net>
Date: Sun Mar 2 22:31:00 2003

At 06:34 PM 3/2/03 -0500, you wrote:
>I have put up a set of pages on the Wang OIS System. The OIS is a
>minicomputer system based on the Zilog Z80 processor. It was made from
>1979 until around 1990. I also have an OIS emulator in development.
>Currently, it can run most of the OS utilities, program development, and
>Wang Word Processing. I have tested it with Red Hat Linux 7.2 and 7.3.
>The pages are located at http://www.cass.net/~jdonoghu

That is excellent, Jim!

Is there any chance of talking you to convert your emulator to use
wxWindows ( http://www.wxwindows.org )? It is a cross-platform GUI and
system toolkit. It is quite well done, and would allow running your
emulator on a much larger range of platforms (PC, linux/unix, Mac, OS/2,
...) It is rather well done, has a very active developer community, and
uses the native look & feel of the targeted GUI (it will look like a GTK
app if that is what you link to, or a Motif app, or Win32, or XP, OS X, etc.)

I look forward to further developments on your web site.
-----
Jim Battle == frustum_at_pacbell.net