making disk images

From: SUPRDAVE_at_aol.com <(SUPRDAVE_at_aol.com)>
Date: Sun Mar 2 22:56:01 2003

In a message dated 3/2/2003 11:36:30 PM Eastern Standard Time,
jhfinepw4z_at_compsys.to writes:

> For drives with any file structure, Ghost V7.0 can make an exact
> copy of the drive and restore every block in the exact same location.
> With SCSI drives or drives where the controller does the bad block
> mapping, this allows the image to be restored on the same size or
> larger drive. When the bad blocks are handled by the OS, then
> the restore must be done on the identical drive if you did not start
> with a Windows/DOS file structure.
>
> Sincerely yours,

This is probably true for only FATxx,and NTFS partitions though. I don't
think HPFS is supported anymore, unfortunately. I know on earlier versions,
the image source and target must be the same size.
--
Antique Computer Virtual Museum
www.nothingtodo.org