Free DEC MINC-11 in NW England

From: Ethan Dicks <erd_6502_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue Mar 4 16:48:00 2003

--- "Fred N. van Kempen" <waltje_at_pdp11.nl> wrote:
> On Tue, 4 Mar 2003, John Honniball wrote:
>
> > Ah, tail-lifts! How would we move the Big Iron without 'em?
> Forklifts.

Gotta be careful with those. When I was at a local reseller picking
up a Pyramid for Dan Cohoe, I watched the fork driver crimp the
back door of a rented van while attempting to load a CDC 9766 disk
drive. It really wasn't the fork driver's fault. The door was
above his head, nobody was watching up there, and everyone kept
telling him to inch forward. The forklift was a foot taller than the
car and the gate was longer than the tines.

Glad _I_ didn't have to explain that at the rental counter.

-ethan