All Qs (Was: Check out this TI99/4 on eBay)

From: Hans Franke <Hans.Franke_at_mch20.sbs.de>
Date: Tue Mar 4 17:08:01 2003

> Define your terms. I remember the LICA (Long Island Computer
> Association) meeting immediately following the release of the much
> anticipated C= 64. There were several retailers in attendance, each of
> whom had horror stories of empty boxes, boxes filled with incomplete or
> inoperable machines and, my favorite story, a unit whose keyboard was
> all "Q"s. It seems that Commodore had to rush to get their Christmas
> orders filled and they ended up cutting a few corners.

This reminds me of the sparekeycaps for PET kayboards I have.
It was supposed to be good for 10 keyboards, so every keycap
10 times, so when I finaly ordered and counted them I found
that only 6 sets where possible, due the fact that ther where
for some keys as little as 6 pices, while other had up to 14.

Well, seams that Commodore hasd a long tradition in such things.

Gruss
H.

--
VCF Europa 4.0 am 03./04. Mai 2003 in Muenchen
http://www.vcfe.org/