Locating older systems & parts... (was: RE: making disk images)

From: Brian Heise <nampcjr_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu Mar 6 10:30:00 2003

Well I have enough PCjr's per se...It would always be nice to have a few *spares* around, but now I have enough to last me, literally, a very long time. My big thing now is looking for PCjr's that come with the sidecars and other "barely seen" accessories that were sold. There are a few extras, like SCSI sidecar (allows you to actually BOOT a HDD! ), cartridges that overaly and fix the original jr BIOS, special cards made to fit in the internal modem slot, etc. I got a couple neat things this way from EPay buys, but its still in the back of my head that sometimes the best fund might just be at a thrift store under the lid of a PCjr sitting on a shelf, and the vendor will not know what they have.
Brian
 chris <cb_at_mythtech.net> wrote:>Hoping to find a PCjr show up here is probably impossible.

I thought I offered the PCjr to the list when I saw it there. No one
responded, although the price they were asking seemed steep. $12.50 IIRC,
for JUST the PCjr. No power brick, no keyboard, no monitor. Although it
did have the parallel port sidecar.

Alas, I only have one PCjr left myself, and I'm hanging on to that one. I
had 50 or so a number of years ago, but they were all donated to a local
school system. I might have an extra monitor left however, but I'm not
sure. I should still have some PCjr video to CGA pigtails, but they are
all home made (not by me, but by another employee here), and I think
someone on this list posted the pinouts for such an adaptor some time
back.

-chris