Free DEC MINC-11 in NW England - rescued!

From: Tony Duell <ard_at_p850ug1.demon.co.uk>
Date: Thu Mar 6 13:50:47 2003

> > Only 2 modules (I assume the DAC and Clock that were mentioned) :-(.
> > Pity. You really need at least the ADC to do anything useful with it.
>
> I'm sure one will turn up sometime in the future; knowing my luck someone
> will give me another fully populated MINC next week :) And then I'll get
> battered off the missus.

That happeend to me. I bought a couple of hard-disk MINCs (actually both
had a fair selection of modules) for a fair amount of money. I then went
to a factory sale auction where there was a floppy drive MINC. I noticed
it contained the (IMHO somewhat rare) pre-amp and thermocouple modules,
neither of which I had. Amazingly I got it for the opening bid of \pounds
2.00

> The DAC has one cable coming off it that terminates in a female D25, but the
> previous owner didn't know what it was used for since he was given it by
> someone else!

Is this connected to the top edge connector (which should have a
connector block with screw terminals plugged onto it), or is it wired to
component leads on the PCB or what?

> If one or both of the DECwriters that came with the bundle were used on the
> MINC they'll have been serial anyway, so no need for an LPV11....

Sure, but for some odd reason MINCs seem to have them. All mine do, and
AFAIK none were ever used with a parallel printer.

-tony