Univac on eBay

From: Eric Smith <eric_at_brouhaha.com>
Date: Thu Mar 6 15:30:01 2003

> > Buyer to arrange *entire* shipping?
>
> This is also doable. Immediately contact a national moving or shipping
> company, show them the info, get a quote ( though they might have to

Sure, if you don't mind it getting destroyed. If I paid that kind of
money for anything, I'd move it myself. I've seen the results of
letting moving companies deal with such things, and it would be a gross
understatement to say that it's not pretty.

And it basically would not be possible to get any real insurance on
such a thing. Oh, you might be able to get some sort of insurance, but
when the system winds up destroyed, the insurance company will claim
that the value of the equipment was only the scrap value to begin with,
and pay a trivial amount of money to "settle" the claim.