OT: Why eBay won't let me see some auctions. Was 'possibly OT: Enigma Cypher machine on e-bay.'

From: Tim Myers <tim.myers_at_sunplan.com>
Date: Sat Mar 8 06:28:01 2003

>> I get the same result in the UK too - damn ISP's rDNS entries; roll
>> on the day when my ISP will let me control them.
> Hmm, that's strange. It works fine on PIPEX. I'm on the Xtreme Solo ADSL
> (512k/256k) system BTW.

Your rDNS comes out as x-x-x-x.dsl.pipex.com, whereas mine comes out as
dsl-x-x-x-x.zen.co.uk.

As I've got an 8 IP range, I'd like to be able to have some .sunplan.co.uk
rDNS entries, and some .sunplan.com rDNS entries, so I can be form wherever
I like in situations like this, so stuff like the eBay filtering doesn't
happen. Zen are promising custom rDNS 'some day', but it's not high on their
priority list.

Tim.