MITS Altair 8800a for sale on eBay

From: Patrick Finnegan <pat_at_purdueriots.com>
Date: Sun Mar 9 10:59:00 2003

On Sun, 9 Mar 2003, Heinz Wolter wrote:

> "Vintage Computer Festival" <vcf_at_siconic.com> wrote:
> > No, we didn't.
> >
> > And one shameless plug for your eBay auction is enough, please.
>
> > Sellam Ismail Vintage Computer
> Festival
>
> Ah, the Royal We- Sellams speaks for us all. Speaking of lack of shame...
> how about all your calls for equipment and documentation-
> for your "paying customers". That is for a commercial venture,
> and not a personal, hobbyist sale, as this one is.

I think I'd call anything sold on eBay (or otherwise to try to get more
than just a 'token' amount... like $5-$10) to be a commercial venture.
Hell, I'm a hobbyist but I'd be lying to your face if I tried to tell you
that anything I put on ebay wasn't 'for profit' or any type of 'commercial
venture'.

And no, I don't have a problem with the ad's on here. I don't advertise
auctions of mine on here; however, I don't usually auction things that
are 'on-topic' for this list, either.

Ok, time for me to get off of my soapbox.

Pat
--
Purdue Universtiy ITAP/RCS
Information Technology at Purdue