Dave & Chip Collecting

From: John Galt <gmphillips_at_earthlink.net>
Date: Mon Mar 10 17:03:00 2003

Dave,

Several members of this list who do not agree with the views of a certain
obnoxious self appointed "spokeman" for vintage computer enthusiasts forwarded
me your post.

I decided to take a break from busting up vintage computers with a sledge
hammer to
"mine" the chips out of them to reply;).

Many chip collectors also collect whole undiced silicon wafers. There are a
growing number of chip collecting forums where you can buy and trade wafers
with other collectors.

If you are interested, send me an email and I send you some links.

You may also want to consider looking into chip collecting. It's a great way
keep old chips out of the smelter.