RSTS/E CSR Access in MACRO

From: Christopher McNabb <cmcnabb_at_4mcnabb.net>
Date: Mon Mar 10 19:27:00 2003

I've been attempting to do some macro programming of the DEQNA Ethernet
card under RSTS/E. All of the system calls to actually send/receive
packetes seem to be very well documented and fairly easy to use. What I
can't find in any of the manuals (or on the net) is a system call that
will return the card's MAC address.

I know that the MAC address is the first six bytes of the CSR. However,
I'm not sure how to go about accessing the device's CSR from within
RSTS/E. Ideally, I'd use a subroutine that would return any network
card's MAC given its type (XH or XE) and unit number.

I know that I can't be the first person to have ever tried to do this,
so I'm turning to those who should know - you guys. Any help would be
greatly appreciated.

--
Christopher L McNabb
Operating Systems Analyst         Email: cmcnabb_at_4mcnabb.net