6809 Board ID, take 2...

From: Ethan Dicks <erd_6502_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon Mar 10 21:38:00 2003

--- Roger Merchberger <zmerch_at_30below.com> wrote:
> Awrighty... I have pix on the web now...

> The system this came out of was an AT&T "StarSystem" - a 386 clone
> w/10Mbit ethernet, VGA & the usual stuff on the mobo... I may spark up
> the system tomorrow, just to see what kind of schtuff might still be on
> the HD...

We had several of these when I was at Lucent (c. 1997-1999). We shut
them down because we were told there were Y2K problems with the version
of UNIX on them. I personally never worked on one. I was the Solaris
dude in a sea of NCR boxes. I have no idea what the StarServers did
there, except to assume it was related to factory use/label printing/etc.

Sorry I can't give you specifics. I might have an 8-port card or two
out of one - PLCC 8530 chips and a high-density cable (two?) to an
RJ-45 harmonica. At one time, I had delusions of putting them into
an ISA-based UNIX system, but now I'd probably just use a terminal
server.

-ethan