Univac III on Ebay

From: Mail List <mail.list_at_analog-and-digital-solutions.com>
Date: Thu Mar 13 14:11:00 2003

I knew of a truck driver ( I say knew because I haven't been in contact with
them in a while ) that hauled boats, I believe in the Ohio to Florida route
if I
remember correctly. I think he drove the tractor back without the trailer
sometimes. They wanted me and a friend of mine to pick up some surplus
stuff for them in the past, and there was some talk on their end of hauling
stuff in return for picking up their stuff. I'm really not sure how
reliable it all
was. I never wanted to get in the position of depending on it and then
finding out it wasn't getting done. My friend did pick up some of their stuff
up north with his permanently rented 24' Ryder and had it at his warehouse
for a while. They also picked up some of his stuff in areas where they were
going to. Eventually they showed up to get their stuff from my friend, but I'm
not sure they ever brought him his stuff? Anyway, if you all want to get it, I
could check to see if they wanted to hitch up and haul your trailer for you.
If you let him keep the trailer, that might motivate him? Or covering his fuel?
It would probably take someone out in the country with some space and
zoning permission to either park the trailer, or someone with a building along
that corridor that could off load and store the system. I doubt, on what I've
sometimes heard called a "gypsy load", they would want to detour too far
off their pre-established routes.