MS DOS and disk drives

From: Philip Pemberton <philpem_at_dsl.pipex.com>
Date: Fri Mar 14 15:27:00 2003

Fred Cisin (XenoSoft) wrote:
> Therefore, to handle CD-ROMs (3.10 and above), MICROS~1 provided
> MSCDEX.EXE, which made the CD-ROM look like a network drive. Try a
> CHKDSK of a CD-ROM on MS-DOS
> 3.10 through 6.22 - it will say: "Cannot CHDSK a network drive"
I must remember to try that sometime. :-)

> As easy as bashing MICROS~1 is, we can't blame the OS for BIOS or
> hardware faults.
"MicroSoft? Is that some kind of toilet paper?" - IIRC that came from the
Mandrake Linux installer. Hmm... Now we know what MandrakeSoft thinks of
Microsoft. But then again, the same joke can be rephrased as "MandrakeSoft?
Is that some kind of toilet paper"... The mind boggles...

Just getting the OT crud out of my head for today...

Later.
--
Phil.
philpem_at_dsl.pipex.com