Amiga Term Softs needed

From: ghldbrd <ghldbrd_at_ccp.com>
Date: Sat Mar 15 04:50:01 2003

Marlin Bates, IV writes:

> Hello,
>
> I am currently resurrecting an Amiga 2000, but I have neither an Ethernet
> card or Terminal software. There are tons of programs on the net, but
> getting them from the net to the Amiga is proving difficult. If anyone
> can help me in this chicken/egg scenario, I would REALLY appreciate it.
>
> Thanks
>
> -Marlin

Just so happens I have a few (actually a whole lot) of A2065 Ethernet cards
on hand. You will need TCP/IP of some sort, such as AS225, Miami, or other
variation. Drop me a line off list and we'll see what we can do for you.
And I have extra A2091 SCSI cards and small Quantum drives (105-240 meg)

I'd reccomend that you update your Kickstart ROM to 3.1 as well. Just about
anything that's good to have needs it. An accelerator card wouldn't hurt
either. I'm used to an 030 _at_ 25 mHz; going to a stock 68000 @ 7 mHz after
that is blindingly SLOW. And you need the aformentioned to run the latest
Workbench/AmigaDOS 3.9 anyways.

You will also need DOS-2-DOS software, which allows the Amiga floppy to
read/write MS-DOS formatted 720k disks. This is standard with all Amiga o/s
after 2.x Now if you have a CD-ROM attached to the Amiga, you can easily
read files burned on a CD-R.

Most everything is available on Aminet.org.

Gary Hildebrand
ST. Joseph, MO