Windows 1.0 Prices are Crazy

From: Stuart Johnson <ssj152_at_charter.net>
Date: Mon Mar 17 14:55:01 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: <vance_at_neurotica.com>
To: "Keys" <jrkeys_at_concentric.net>
Cc: "cctech_at_classiccmp" <cctech_at_classiccmp.org>
Sent: Friday, March 14, 2003 8:15 PM
Subject: Re: Windows 1.0 Prices are Crazy

> Didn't they come with older versions of Aldus Pagemaker?
>
> Peace... Sridhar
>
> On Fri, 14 Mar 2003, Keys wrote:
>
> > This first one has end with 1.0 going for over $1000 and the second ends
on
> > the 18th and is at over $900. Glad I got mine here for under $3.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3404079329&category=11229

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3406355260&category=11229

The very first version of Windows (1.?) I saw was included WITH Aldus
PageMaker and was set up to automatically run windows and start PageMaker.
When the user exited PageMaker, Windows shut down.

As we know now, this is easy to do (start windows running an app), but the
point here is that PageMaker was the product sold - Windows was included as
the run-time environment. I had never seen an advertisement for Windows at
the time I saw PageMaker.

Stuart Johnson