Seagate ST-125

From: Jonathan Engdahl <j.r.engdahl_at_adelphia.net>
Date: Mon Mar 17 21:23:00 2003

I would really like to know how to get the XXDP utilities into that "mode".
I've been using the utilities with no manuals. I have discovered how to
binary hack ZRQCH0 to format a Maxtor XT1140, but it was real difficult, and
I have not reduced it to a cut-and-dried formula. I have a spreadsheet that
helps, but you still have to know a lot about what is going on, and make
some lucky guesses to cover what you don't know.

My spreadsheet, such as it is, is located on this page:
http://users.safeaccess.com/engdahl/xxdp.htm. I figured out a lot about the
TLAs by reading the back of the RQDX3 manual, and by reading the DEC patent
that covers a similar technology. The patent ref is on my web page.

If anyone can help me find a copy of the manual for ZRQCH0, I'd be most
appreciative. I'd also be interested in adding any further info that anyone
has gathered or generated regarding this topic to my web page.

I use the "25" version of XXDP that is downloadable from sunsite or the
RCS/RI site.

--
Jonathan Engdahl
http://users.safeaccess.com/engdahl