Some more offerings from the 'Garage'

From: James Willing <jimw_at_agora.rdrop.com>
Date: Tue Mar 18 12:19:00 2003

(sent intentionally to the list...)

On Mon, 17 Mar 2003, David Betz wrote:

> I have only heard from two other people and both of them have had
> trouble contacting James as well. Has anyone had any luck ordering
> items from James Willing and/or the Computer Garage? Or shall I write
> off my payment and avoid these offers in the future?

...or just read the 'fine print' (details rather than size) more
carefully... (attempt at humour)

item 1: all of the books that have been paid for have shipped. ('spose
that would be the important one)

item 2: as I've noted frequently of late, I no longer have a 'regular'
connection to the net, and so my access is increasingly sporatic. Add to
that, trying to sort thru (over 10k as of this writing) messages in 'pine'
on a telnet connection leaves something to be desired when it come to
organizing. also makes it near impossible to update the web site...

item 3: I am behind on shipping some other items. As the nearest
UPS/FedEx drop off is 30 miles up the road, I don't get there as often as
I should.

item 4: for those only now joining the saga, (another attempt at humour)
when last we left our protaganists (sp?) they had abandoned the high-tech
urban life to seek simplicity in the rural areas of Kansas. Read that: do
it all yourself. No 'EZ Mail' or 'MailBox Plus' just down the street to
handle shipping. So it takes longer... Yes, as much my fault as any
but that's life these days...

SO... I guess if you (individually or collectively) would rather, I can
just fade silently into the background noise and not bother anyone anymore...

-jim
---
jimw_at_agora.rdrop.com
The Computer Garage - http://www.rdrop.com/~jimw