documation m1000

From: Vintage Computer Festival <vcf_at_siconic.com>
Date: Wed Mar 19 11:14:01 2003

On Wed, 19 Mar 2003 akb+lists.cctech_at_imap1.mirror.to wrote:

> How does one of these interface?

Not readily or easily.

> I'd like a card reader, how much work would it be to hook it to something?

You need a 16-bit parallel input into whatever machine you want to connect
it to. You'll need to be able to latch certain inputs to catch very brief
signals (some as short as 6us). You'll then need to convert from punch
card coding to ASCII.

If you want much more specific information, let me know.

 * Old computing resources for business and academia at www.VintageTech.com *