Look at this -

From: Ethan Dicks <erd_6502_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri Mar 21 15:29:00 2003

--- Hans Franke <Hans.Franke_at_mch20.sbs.de> wrote:
> > > At 08:40 PM 3/21/03 +0100, Gruss wrote:
>
> ROTFL.

Gotta love stupid parsers.

> > > Frankly I can't imagine why Apple would want him.
>
> > Why did Commodore put Alexander Haig on their board? I remember a
> > press release at the time that said they were looking for a "take-
> > charge kind of guy."
>
> Excuse my ignorance, but who is Alexander Haig? I rember some
> Nato guy named haig, but I'm not shure.

For the foreign audience, Al Haig was the U.S. Secretary of State when
President Reagan was shot. He achieved infamy by declaring at a press
conference "I'm in charge." The problem is that according to the
Constitution, the line of succession goes from the President to the V.P.
to the Speaker of the House, The President Pro Tem of the Senate, _then_
to the Secretary of State.

http://www.jeanlouie.com/Politics/Miscellaneous/I%20Am%20in%20Charge.htm

http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0101032.html

In any case, to keep this back on a classic thread, here's a link to
an announcement calling for shareholders to make a move against the
Commodore board, mentioning Haig by name...

http://www.fhi-berlin.mpg.de/amiga/ar/ar118/p1-5.HTML

-ethan