Powering up for the first time

From: Mike <kenziem_at_sympatico.ca>
Date: Sun Mar 23 10:37:00 2003

I originally posted this the the comp.sys.ibm-as400 group but other than
someone wanting the disks I hd no replies, so I'll try here.

 I have connected everything and it is now time to power up my AS400 9404.

 There were 6 disks in the box with it. I'm not certain I have picked the
 correct 3 to start.

 What message might I see if the disks are not loaded in the correct order?
 Or might there be a label on the drive that takes care of that?

 Is there any external markings, of jumpers that might indicate the correct
 order?

 If it works, is there a way to gt to single user mode, or bypass the
 password?

 If I I get stuck is there a way to cleanly shutdown?

 If all else fails is there any interest in 9404 parts?

Mike
--
Ottawa, Canada
Collector of vintage computers