DEC Ethernet??? card

From: Kevin Handy <kth_at_srv.net>
Date: Sun Mar 23 17:57:00 2003

ghldbrd wrote:

> Just got one of these . . . if DEC fans want it you've got it for
> shipping.
> Looks like AUI and 10 base 2 outputs, barcode sticker has a number:
> 70-26691-01. FCC ID: A09DE100.
> Operators are standing by . . .
> Gary Hildebrand
> St. Joseph, MO

Sounds like a DE-100.

Should have BNC and an AUI connector on the back. Old,
only does 10mbps, 16 bit ISA card, but not a cpu hog like
some of the adapters were. Works great on older
PC's (PC, XT, AT, 286, etc.). It is supported by Linux.
Doesn't require a DEC PC, it should work on most brands
with an ISA bus.

To get a 10mb cat5 connection, you will need to buy a MAU,
and move a big jumber on the card. I'd probably go
with a $10.00 special at OfficeMax before going through that
expense, and also get 100mbps for about the same price.

I don't need any more (I still have several of these, and some
DE-200's). Documentation for this is available on the intenet
in several places.