DEC dot matrix printer

From: chris <cb_at_mythtech.net>
Date: Thu Mar 27 13:12:00 2003

I have a Digital LA75-A2 "Companion Printer" available if anyone wants
it. I don't know if it works, and I have no way to test it. It was pulled
from a dumpster a few weeks ago, and John didn't want it (John has first
dibs on anything DEC that I get because he's been feeding me a fairly
steady stream of old Macs). John took everything else.

The printer looks clean, and is physically in good condition. Other items
I pulled from the dumpster that I have been able to test have all worked
fine for the most part (for instance, the HP LJ 4 that I pulled is up and
running just fine, and the 5L works but does the typical grabbing of too
many pages from the hopper that all of HPs in that stand up design seem
to do, and so far every cable that I pulled has tested ok).

So I have no reason to believe the printer doesn't work... but like I
said, I got it from a dumpster, and have no way to test it, so I can't
promise anything.

If anyone wants it, its free. Just come pick it up or cover shipping from
NJ (07450). Or if you are anywhere between Ridgewood and Wayne or Wayne
and Eatontown, I can drop it off tomorrow (friday) when I am out hitting
two of my offices.

If no one wants it, it will most likely end up back in the dumpster (I
might see if there are any print engine parts I can pull as visually it
looks like it may be based on the same engine the Apple ImageWriter 1 is
built around... if anyone can confirm that let me know).

-chris
<http://www.mythtech.net>