8/L repairs

From: Charles <charlesmorris_at_direcway.com>
Date: Fri Mar 28 15:15:00 2003

On Fri, 28 Mar 2003 12:58:47 -0600, you wrote:

>A) What rev M706 card do you have?

Rev. K. That's one reason it took me a while to find, since the
only schematics available seem to be the first revision (A?)

>B) Would you write up where you attached your pullups?

Check the schematic, it was on the preset lines to the 7474
containing stop bit 1 and stop bit 2...

>Are you using a microprocessor on your DF32x4? FPGAs? PALs? TTL?

Plain old 74LS and a Dallas Semi DS1258 128kx16 NVRAM.

>How are you handling the cabling issue?

Cables :)
(I also laid out a PCB to plug in the backplane and accept a
standard 40 pin IDC header connector). Had five fabricated and
made 3 foot ribbon cables.

> Do you have a way to load
>the emulated disk devices "out of band"? (i.e., can you get data into
>it in any way other than the databreak interface to the -8?)

No, I took the DF32 manual and copied the specs as closely as
possible. The 8/L should "think" it has a real DF32 and three
expansion DS32's attached.

>> [demime 1.01a removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name
>> of mvc-457e.jpg]
>
>What's the picture of?
>
>-ethan

Pic is of the DF32x4 on the workbench. I'll send you a copy
direct.
-Charles