Tek 4051 FS on E-bay

From: John Allain <allain_at_panix.com>
Date: Fri Mar 28 19:22:00 2003

> Is there a 4051 emulator anywhere out there on the 'net?
> Won't look as nice as a _real_ vector screen,...

TEK device language had decent backward compatibility.
The old machines had pretty much just moveto,drawto,textat
type commands, so emulators are easy. If I recall, even the
DEC VT330/40 had an emulator. A lot of books talk about
Plot10, but that's a just a SW package that translated these
codes on the host.
Tek 4051 was a complete workstation, with a high level
language (BASIC) so was probably reeeel slow, like 6
frames per _minute_ or worse, depending on the object
detail. Note: these machines have nothing to do with
photorealistic CGI, that was nearly 10 years later.

John A.