The Gospel according to ARD:

From: Tony Duell <ard_at_p850ug1.demon.co.uk>
Date: Mon Mar 31 17:34:57 2003

> Tony Duell provides us with an exemplary indicator of the true
> collector:

Since when have I been a collector, true or otherwise? It is not my aim
to own one of every version of a particular machine, I don't care about
original boxes, if I get shrink-wrapped manuals, I unwrap them (manuals
are for reading!), very few (if any) of my machines are 'original'. All
that surely means I am not a collector.

> >and give you a nasty (and possibly fatal) shock, or worse still do
> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> >serious damage to said classic computer.
> >

> Collectors are many; vintage computers, few!

Of course...

> ;}
>

> Cheers
>
> John One-Hand-In-Back-Pocket-At-All-Times Lawson

A _very_ good idea!. Never work on high voltage stuff with both hands --
you don't want the current to flow through your heart. And make sure
there's somebody around who knows how to turn everything off if you _do_
accidentally connect yourself to the mains.

-tony