Help sought on early IBM hard drive R&D

From: Michael Williams <williams_at_computerhistory.org>
Date: Mon Mar 31 19:36:50 2003

Bonnie,
I think you would be best to talk to a couple of the "old Timers" who
worked in these buildings or who knew the major individuals very well.

Two people immediately come to mind:
Jim Porter - likely knows more about the disk drive business and how it
developed than anyone else

and

Jack Harker - was involved in the early development of many things in SJ.

Both live around here (Harker lives in Palo Alto and Porter is local). I
don't have their contact information at the moment (it is sunday afternoon
and the people that supply such info to me are out enjoying a lovely day)
but if you don't have your own sources please let me know and I can supply
some type of contact data later.

Mike Williams

Dr. Michael R. Williams
Head Curator