Need byte-splitter utility

From: Bruce Lane <kyrrin_at_bluefeathertech.com>
Date: Mon Mar 31 20:46:00 2003

On 30-Mar-03 at 12:17 Fred Cisin (XenoSoft) wrote:

>This may sound harsh, but what is your favorite programming language?
>
>It would be an excellent exercise for learning some programming.

        Yes, it is harsh, and such a statement is of absolutely no use to me since there are plenty of other things I have chosen to devote my time and energy to.

        I am, first and foremost, a hardware hack. I have a ton of respect for all the folks who have chosen to be code jockeys, but pesonally, I'm far happier with a soldering iron in one hand and a schematic in the other. Typing and debugging code all day, beyond the few scripts and config files I use to keep my 'net presence alive and well, would drive me nuts in less than a week.

        In short; I will do it if I have no other way to accomplish my goal. However, I will always search for a pre-written alternative (yes, I buy stuff from shareware authors) before I think about rolling my own.

        Fortunately, a number of other list users have offered outstandingly helpful pointers (thanks, troops!) As it turns out, it's not an odd-even split I need; It's high-byte/low-byte split. I'm still digging, and I find I often learn more along the way than I would if I sat down and started coding.

Bruce Lane, Owner & Head Hardware Heavy,
Blue Feather Technologies -- http://www.bluefeathertech.com
ARS KC7GR (Formerly WD6EOS) since 12-77 -- kyrrin_at_bluefeathertech.com
"I'll get a life when someone demonstrates that it would be superior
to what I have now..." (Taki Kogoma, aka Gym Z. Quirk)