OT: need to drive a vector CRT...

From: John Lawson <jpl15_at_panix.com>
Date: Mon Sep 15 15:37:01 2003

  A thought occurs to me: there is a piece of video test gear called a
Vectorscope - used to determine the proper alignment of the TV color
signal phase vectors... anyway, a lot of companies, from Heathkit to
Tekronix, made these, and the older ones can be had at swpameets (or on
eBay) for pretty cheap.

  Then, you'd have all the circuitry needed to drive the CRT (and quite
possibly a 4" CRT in the bargain)... the interfacing task is redused to
just DACs and opamps to feed the vectorscope guts....

  I think if I had to produce a 'real' stroke display that's the route I'd
investigate first.


Received on Mon Sep 15 2003 - 15:37:01 BST

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.0 : Fri Oct 10 2014 - 23:36:26 BST