Reseating QFP-socketed chips

From: Jules Richardson <>
Date: Tue Dec 7 13:31:45 2004

On Tue, 2004-12-07 at 14:24 -0500, Patrick Finnegan wrote:
> QFP's are surface-mount (normally soldered down) devices, and PLCCs are
> probably what you're thinking of.

I wasn't sure - don't PLCCs have the IC pins along the sides of the IC
though, whilst QFPs have the flat pins on the underside of the IC?

> I don't think i've had that problem with any of my machines, but, then
> again, I don't have a whole lot of stuff (which I use) that has PLCC
> parts in it.

It just surprised me given the way that the ICs are clamped down so
tightly - I didn't think there'd be a corrosion problem or any way for
them to move arouns (as can happen with DIL ICs)


Received on Tue Dec 07 2004 - 13:31:45 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.0 : Fri Oct 10 2014 - 23:36:38 BST