additional info was: Re: HP Calculator (?) RAM on eBay

From: Joe R. <rigdonj_at_cfl.rr.com>
Date: Mon Mar 8 12:15:00 2004

At 10:43 AM 3/8/04 -0500, you wrote:
>Not affiliated with seller.
>These don't look like anything I've seen before.
>
>"20 HP Calculator RAM Mod's #5 1818-2805 NEW"
>http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2792071263
>
>The seller here says Calculator. I wouldn't jump so quickly to that
>conclusion. In the slim chance they fit something a lister has...

  Idiot! They're OS ROM (R O M) modules for a HP 9835 calculator. They're
totally useless for anything else.

   Joe

More:

"The ROMs used in the 9835 are rather unusual. The ROM carriers look
exactly like the ROMs for the HP 9825 but without labels. But instead of
only holding one ROM, each carrier has sockets for four ROMs. The
individual ROMs are small square boxes similar to those used in the HP 85.
The 9835 ROMs come in sets of 1, 2 or 4 individual ROMs and the ROMs can be
mounted in any order in the carrier or in any position in the 9835. The
fourteen operating system ROMs are similarly mounted in a pull out drawer
on the left side of the 9835. Flash! I've just learned that one collector
has a 9835 with ROM drawers that hold six ROMs each instead of four. That's
something that I haven't heard of before. "

See more at <http://www.classiccmp.org/hp/hp9835.htm>

    Joe