AUI cables in UK?

From: Pete Turnbull <pete_at_dunnington.u-net.com>
Date: Mon Mar 8 13:03:18 2004

On Mar 8, 11:01, Paul Koning wrote:

> Pete> You can, but I was always told (and read somewhere) there
> Pete> should be two stripes between, not one.
>
> Interesting. Your source is mistaken... Quoting from the Ethernet
> Specification, Version 2 (DEC/Intel/Xerox), section 7.6.2:

Makes sense, I can't think of any reason to require a minimum of two
"intervals" (for want of a better word). See my other post; I bet the
book has simply been misinterpreted a few times, and that's where most
peopel got it from (the standard itself didn't used to be terribly
accessible).

--
Pete						Peter Turnbull
						Network Manager