R80/RA81 diagnostic experience?

From: Jules Richardson <julesrichardsonuk_at_yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Mon Mar 8 13:15:30 2004

On Mon, 2004-03-08 at 18:25, Johnny Billquist wrote:
> Does the R80 have the terminal interface on one card like the RA8x drives
> do? If so, plug a terminal in there and talk with the drive. 1200 bps I
> think, though it could be 300. 8N1.

300 on the RA81 IIRC from a few weeks ago.

We have two drives ('81s) which seem to have a similar problem to the
original poster's - they appear healthy but just don't want to spin up.
We haven't taken a look at them in the past couple of weeks as a) there
are plenty of other things to be done! and b) Supposedly we're having a
whole pile of original docs for these drives donated to us which I'm
hoping will include some more in-depth diagnostics.

If anything useful comes of the latter I'll shout...

cheers

Jules