Cray J916 at a surplus sale: now $501

From: John Boffemmyer IV <john_boffemmyer_iv_at_boff-net.dhs.org>
Date: Mon Mar 8 12:16:32 2004

Linux supposedly has a version that runs on Crays, so BSD Unix shouldn't be
far behind.
I just don't want to have to own my own power generation plant and sub
station just to run my damned computers. Besides, with that power
(processors, ram, etc.), I'd rather just get a loaded quad AMD Opteron
system that uses much less power and works with Windows, Linux, etc.
...Besides the fact that the quad Opteron systems would fit nicely under my
desk because they are the size of a regular mid-tower system. =)

-John Boffemmyer IV

At 12:33 PM 3/8/2004, you wrote:
>There's gotta be a version of BSD Unix ported to it by now ;-)
>

>Curt
>

>ghldbrd_at_ccp.com wrote:
>
>>But does it run Windows software? That is the 64,000 dollar question.
>>
>>Gary Hildebrand
>>St. Joseph, MO
>>

>>>3.2 GFLOPS, 4 GB RAM, 16 processors, eats 7.4 Kw.
>>>
>>>https://mds.bussvc.wisc.edu/swap/product.asp?mscsID=&auction_id=2119
>>>
>>>- John
>>>

>--
>

>Curt Vendel & Karl Morris