Ultrix V4.2 sources et al...

From: Antonio Carlini <arcarlini_at_iee.org>
Date: Tue Mar 9 16:12:28 2004

> If you want it to be less painful, buy me a T1 subscription
> (would have to be from WorldCom/UUNET, I have a Class C NET
> from them and I won't give it up) and a sync serial card for
> either VAXBI bus or Q22-bus that can handle it.

The fastest you can get on Qbus is the DSV11. That can almost
handle 1Mb/s (it fails when fed a constant stream of minimal
length HDLC frames so it was rated at 256kb/s - the next
lower useful speed).

On BI you have either the DMB32 (64kb/s max) or the DSB32.
I forget how fast the DSB32 can go, it might be able to
reach 256kb/s (possibly only on a single port though) but
I'm pretty sure it won't do T1 speeds. The DSB32 is also
not an option if you have a VAX 7000 (although I think
the DMB32 will work in a VAX 7000).

I suspect that for T1 speeds you'll be stuck using an
Alpha or possibly a DECnis, but you'll have to check
that they will cope before you (or your T1 benefactor)
rush out and buy either of those solutions.

Antonio

--
Antonio Carlini             arcarlini_at_iee.org