contolling static

From: Brian Mahoney <brianmahoney_at_look.ca>
Date: Wed Mar 10 18:50:20 2004

> >Any ideas on reducing/controlling the static?
> >
> >- --
> >Ottawa, Canada

The problem isn't moisture, most basements have enough of that especially if
you used new wood for studs. The laminate flooring is causing the problem.
There are some kinds that have anti-static built into them but not yours,
obviously.
If the problem is around your stored computers, I would suggest an
anti-static mat with a ground cord. For the price you could get a few and
place them all around your work area. I'm sure someone here could figure out
how to ground the whole floor since it is now, more or less, monolithic.
Hope this helps.

BM