Experiences with shippping heavy stuff Eur-> US ?

From: John Lawson <jpl15_at_panix.com>
Date: Sat Mar 13 11:37:42 2004

On Sat, 13 Mar 2004, Jos Dreesen wrote:

> Anyone have practical experiences shipping some 75 kg of computer from
> Europe to the US ?

  Well, big old electronic music stuff, US to London(180kg), US to
Spain(60kg), and vintage audio gear, US to Belgium(45kg)... I don't think
that the other way makes much difference.

> Any companies to be recommended ?

 I have had the best service from Schenker International.... never a
problem, rates always among the lowest - and the have offices worldwide
that are (gasp!) all on the same network, so your local European office
knows what the destination people are doing. Makes it very nice.

> Rates that have been paid ?

US (Nevada) to London suburbs, Yamaha CS-80 synthesizer and accessories,
in a custom crate, 180KG all-up - US$324 air freight, door-to-door service
*including customs clearance in England* - five days from loading on my
end to unpacking at the customer's place.

      www.schenker.com

 Cheers

John