purchasing new 9-track tapes?

From: Brad Parker <brad_at_heeltoe.com>
Date: Mon Mar 15 11:15:06 2004

Does anyone have any experience purchasing new 9-track tapes?

(seems crazy to do such a thing but I want to load some up and I thought
a new tape would have more stable media/binder/whatever and not break
down like an old tape might)

I ordered some 1200' reels from a company in california as an experiment
(the tapes cost more than the drive :-). I wonder if, in fact, they are
"new". Does 3M still make 1/2" tape on reels?

-brad