purchasing new 9-track tapes?

From: Paul Koning <pkoning_at_equallogic.com>
Date: Mon Mar 15 12:03:22 2004

 John> 1/2" tape on reels is still the norm for bouncing tracks and
 John> final mixdown from a 2" reel to reel system in analog
 John> recording. I would search for some high quality audio type tape
 John> (rated for 30 inches per second) on a site like
 John> www.musiciansfriend.com or www.sweetwater.com

 John> I use BASF Gold in my studio, and computer room. Works very
 John> nicely.

(Analog) audio tape and digital data tapes always have been very
different. It's conceivable that audio tape would work for this, but
don't count on it.

      paul