Setting a DECserver free

From: Charles H. Dickman <chd_1_at_nktelco.net>
Date: Wed Mar 17 20:34:37 2004

meltie wrote:

>Hey Guys
>
>I've got a few DEChub90s - sweet things they are too. However, I don't wnt
>the bulk of them at the moment until we move to the New House.
>
>I'd like to run one of the modules - a DECserver90TL, not that it matters
>really which module it is - standalone.
>
>There's the largeish 16x3 rectangular backplane connector, and a smaller
>DIN-ish port. Where does the PSU connect on models that were born to be
>standalone?

I have one of these DECserver90TL's too and it came with the WRONG
external power supply so I had to figure it out for myself.

ascii art of the multipin connector:
              GGGPPP
   +---------~------+
   |ooooooooo~oooooo|
   | |
   |ooooooooo~oooooo|

The picture is looking into the back of the unit with the narrow end of
the connector down.

The pins at the top marked G are ground and the pins marked P are +5V.

I eventually rewired my PS to fix the DIN connector, but my notes don't
show how I did it...