M5977 PDP11 SCSI card dip's

From: Nickolai A. Kobylk <ngc3052_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu Mar 18 15:22:45 2004

Hi, I'm just starting to get into a PDP11/83 machine I have here and I want
to add some more storage but I'm having some issues. For starters this is
what I got

M5977-AA SCSI board (Is this the same as RQZX1?)
two RZ24L 240MB HD from Quantum
combo tape and 5.25 RX33 Drive

All components work. But I can only get one HD to be recognized (one is ID 0
the other is set to 1).
>From what I understand each drive is partitioned into 8 30MB sections,
though it's accessed as just DU0. I also know that max devices I can have on
the M5977 is 16. With SHOW DEVICES I see DU1, DU2 as offline and
type:unknown

Now for my stupid questions:
Is each partition treated as 1 device (meaning can I have 2x240MB AND the
tape/RX33 drives)?
If so, how do I add the 2nd HD and get it recognized (LOAD? SET?)?

I don't have a manual for any of this equipment, and I don't really know RSX
yet. Thanks!