OT: Curt Vendel (was:Re: M5977 PDP11 SCSI card dip's)

From: Rob O'Donnell <classiccmp.org_at_irrelevant.fsnet.co.uk>
Date: Fri Mar 19 05:20:30 2004

At 10:24 19/03/2004 +0000, meltie wrote:

>On Friday 19 March 2004 10:07, Curt Vendel wrote:
> > You've reached Curt Vendel of the Atari Museum. I will be travelling
> > and will be exhibiting the Atari Museum at the Phillyclassic 5 videogame
> > show from March 19-21 and will be returning on March 22nd.
> >
> > I will try to respond to your emails between the 22nd-23rd as I catch up
> > with my email. If this is an urgent issue and you need immediate
> > assistance and access to our archives and materials, please contact Karl
> > Morris at: karlmorris_at_atarimuseum.com
>
>Curt is *so* gonna get it when he gets back!
>
>I'll drop karlmorris an email to try and get him to turn Curl's autoreply
>off.
>
>alex/melt

He's using some seriously broken software to do these ... every out of
office / vacation software I have seen keeps track of whom it sent a reply
to, so they only receive one copy ...

What sensible person actually uses these anyway? (Hello, I'm on holiday
for a few days, please burgle my property! )

Be thankful he's not quoting the original email back in the autoreply; at
the rate this is looping, we'd end up with massive messages!

Maybe it's just a stealth tactic to advertise the Phillyclassic 5 videogame
show!

Rob