installing 2.11 BSD

From: Christopher Cureau <chrisc_at_addpower.com>
Date: Fri Mar 19 11:26:03 2004

I just obtained a 50 pin SCSI drive for my 11/83, so now I'm ready to go!

I had asked once before about installing BSD from a SCSI tape on my
controller and was told that it should work. I've got one problem, though
-- I'm not sure how to write the tape. I've got the distribution media --
I just don't know how to write it so that BSD will read it. I thought
about just formatting a second disk and putting the distribution on that,
but I haven't got a real system (yet!) to create it from...

Any suggestions?