Seriously big iron on Ebay BED!

From: Patrick Finnegan <pat_at_computer-refuge.org>
Date: Sun Mar 21 19:12:11 2004

On Sunday 21 March 2004 17:30, John Allain wrote:
> > Bed? Heck put a ladder up the side of one rack cab. and throw
> > the mattress on top of the cluster of racks!
>
> With talk like this, anybody want to admit to having a floor fail out
> from under their collection? This stuff Is heavy.
> Personally I'll admit to having a few 1" deflections here and there.
> Nothing worse. Yet. <g>

Well, I *hope* mine doesn't, as it's a concrete slab foundation...
though my S/390 does depress the carpeting quite a bit.

And Ed, I can't really put my mattress on top of the racks, as if
they're 7ft tall, the mattress adds about 8", and I know I'm thicker
than 4"...

Wow, to think I actually took the time to consider that.... I can't
wait to graduate and move into somewhere that doesn't suck so much.

Pat
--
Purdue University ITAP/RCS        ---  http://www.itap.purdue.edu/rcs/
The Computer Refuge               ---  http://computer-refuge.org