Heathkit ETA-3400

From: Paul Pennington <paulpenn_at_knology.net>
Date: Mon Mar 22 10:52:56 2004

"Jay West" <jwest_at_classiccmp.org> said:

> Well, actually, for the ET-3400 my interest isn't so much "collecting" as
it
> is just plain technical interest. I would be happy with a replica of the
> ETA-3400 to hook up to my ET3400. Is it a complex box to duplicate?

    What do you want to do with it? I don't have one, but I understand an
ETA-3400 adds a serial port, more memory, Tiny BASIC, and a cassette
interface.

    The serial port is easily implemented with a 6850 and a one-chip RS-232
driver. Adding on more memory should also be one chip (64K x 8 static RAM?)
and maybe an EPROM to replace the 1K monitor ROM. Those are the only things
I am really interested in doing. Hopefully I can make it load and store
programs down the serial port to a PC.

    As for the cassette port, not interested in going down that road again!

    Has the manual for the ETA-3400 been scanned and put on a web site
anywhere?

    Paul Pennington
    Augusta, Georgia