Bloody newbies

From: Vintage Computer Festival <vcf_at_siconic.com>
Date: Mon Mar 22 18:50:59 2004

On Mon, 22 Mar 2004, Brian Mahoney wrote:

> I guess I haven't figured out the intricacies of Ebay yet. Why are there 8
> consecutive bids from the same person?Plus other consecutive bids from this
> same bidder?

Those are proxy bids (the system automatically entering bids up to the
high bidder's hidden maximum as others submit counter bids).

> Do you think people misconstrued the model number as the serial number? The
> seller didn't mention that some of these early ones were signed by Jobs and
> Woz. Or is that myth?

Huh? The inside of the case has the signatures of the entire design team
(including those of Jobs and Wozniak) which is part of the mold. I've
never heard anywhere that early models were signed in any other way.