Electronic components sources

From: Patrick Finnegan <pat_at_computer-refuge.org>
Date: Mon Mar 22 21:42:25 2004

On Monday 22 March 2004 21:37, William Donzelli wrote:
> > So, how are you supposed to wire a switch on equipment meant to be
> > used on hot/neutral (120V) and hot/hot (208/240V) power inputs,
> > like autoswitching computer power supplies?
>
> Well, here you pretty much have to break both, even if one is neutral
> sometimes. Much better than having a "half hot" circuit.

Bingo! Yeah, I was asking a bit of a loaded question. : ) I'd think
that care for disconnecting all possible 'hots' coming into the chassis
is more important on most things... excepting perhaps cheap things like
lamps or things designed to only work with a hot/neutral setup, like a
120V "surge protector."

Pat
--
Purdue University ITAP/RCS        ---  http://www.itap.purdue.edu/rcs/